The "Verein der Freunde des Glasmuseums Frauenau und der Gläsernen Gärten e.V." was originally founded as a support association for the glass museum. In 2013, the purpose of the association was expanded to include the promotion of the Glass Gardens. The association supports the museum with exhibitions, for example, or enables the purchase of new works of art. In the area of the Glass Gardens, for example, the association organised the installation of an artistically designed glass pavilion with the support of the ILE National Park Communities. The association is chaired by the former mayor of Frauenau, Herbert Schreiner.
Are you interested in supporting the Frauenau Glass Museum and the Glass Gardens? The association welcomes new members.
The SCHAEFER Foundation is represented in the museum with the exhibition of snuff jars. In 40 years of passionate collecting, the married couple Marianne and Heiner Schaefer amassed a collection of over 3,500 snuff glasses from Bavaria, Bohemia and Austria from 1800 to 2015. Of these, around 1,200 of the most beautiful and historically important glasses went to the Frauenau Glass Museum, where they can be admired in the completely redesigned area of the study collection in 2018. The SCHAEFER Foundation also plays a key role in the Frauenau Glass Museum and supports it in a wide variety of ways.